Ivey Memorial Methodist Church is newly associated with the Congregational Methodist church after disaffiliating from the United Methodist Church. We are located in South Chesterfield, just north
of Colonial Heights, Virginia. Ivey has been serving God since 1882 on the corner of Harrowgate Road and US Route 1. We are currently seeking a qualified full-time pastor to lead us; be a part of our
family; and, most importantly, help us to spread the word of God and His son Jesus Christ. The salary range is $30,000 to$50,000 a year dependent upon experience. Free or reduced childcare is an
option in our on-site Child Development Center (CDC). If you feel the below description is a good fit with your skills and personality, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Ivey Pastor Search” in the Subject line or mail to Ivey Memorial Methodist Church, 17120 US Route 1, South Chesterfield, Virginia23834, ATTN: Pastoral Search Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- Take pastoral charge of the church
- Be the spiritual leader of the church.
- See that services are conducted and begun on time.
- Serve as the Chairman of the Church Council which includes, but is not limited to,promoting the work of the local church through evangelism, missions, and Christian education and ministering to
the sick, the needy, and the distressed of the community.
- Lead the local church to achieve the general denomination objectives which include, but are not limited to, glorifying God, carrying out the Great Commission, conversion of sinners,
sanctification of believers, and teaching the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Meet appointments or help in providing a substitute. Administer the ordinances of the church. Serve as advisory member of all church committees and boards.
- Oversee the reporting process to the Annual Conference.
- Preach on the duty of supporting the church at least once a year.
- Live a life above reproach, blameless in the sight of God, exemplifying the graces of a Spirit-filled servant of God, possessing an active, trusting faith, true holiness, and Christian
- Be loyal to and support the Congregational Methodist denomination.
- Be accountable to Ivey Methodist Church.
- Sunday School involvement.
- Chapel time on a weekly basis with the children of Ivey’s CDC.
- Perform weddings and funerals as requested by church members.
- Work a 40-hour work week with a minimum of 16 of those hours being in-person in Ivey’s church office. Qualifications
- Degree in theological studies from an accredited university.
- Pastoral ministry experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To learn more about life at Ivey, please visit our website at Ivey memorial.org and our Facebook page at Ivey Memorial Methodist.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year